About the opportunity:
Evergreen Media is seeking a writer with a passion of just about everything. From intriguing features about local community members and businesses to marketing content and ad copy, this position will satisfy your passion of sharing an array of things through an artwork of words. The professional who fills this role will be primarily responsible for conceptualizing content and implementing editorial coverage on an variety of topics including: parenting, weddings, business strategy, tourism, budgeting, and more. For an individual who is able to multi-task and is passionate about all they do, this is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-pace, growing company in a role that offers room for growth.
Location: 329 Main Street, Ste. 1, Rapid City, SD
Status: Full Time (Salary)
Hours: Mon.–Fri., 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Some weekends required)
- Ability to work cohesively with production team, contributing confidently the ideas and concepts for content and planning execution
- Knowledge of SEO basics
- Produces quality work, copyright free, with confirmed sources
- Able to meet deadlines and exceed expectations
- Prepares content for blogs, social media posts, print publications, marketing materials, and more
- Adept in AP Style format; Chicago and MLA a plus
- Dependable and consistent with unquestionable integrity
- Exceptional communications skills and interviewing techniques
- Self-motivating and proactively seeks to self-educate
- Demonstrated success in copywriting, social media posting, blogging, writing for print and web
Skills We’re Looking For:
- Excellent Microsoft Suite program & Internet research skills
- Bachelors degree in Journalism, Media Communications, or related field
- Able to communicate effectively with clients and freelancers
- Quick to learn programs such as CRM tools, marketing programs, and task managing software
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once while remaining highly organized
- Adobe suite knowledge recommended
- Creation of editorial and web content
- Develop content clusters and execute keyword insertion for SEO
- Oversee reader submitted content programs including, but not limited to: contests through social media, column copy, and nomination features
- Collect and update calendars for Black Hills Parent and Black Hills Visitor magazine
- Ensures web-based material is uploaded in a timely manner and shared with involved freelancers, models, sponsors, etc.
- Assist in proofreading all content both internal and external
- Collaborate with Production Team for title topics and client special projects concerning content creation
We offer a laid-back work environment, a creative downtown workplace, and the chance to do great work with an excellent team. Salary and benefits are competitive. Evergreen Media is an equal-opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter, resume, and examples of work to the Hiring Team by clicking HERE. Online portfolios are welcome.