Evergreen Media is seeking a senior content writer with a passion for just about everything. From intriguing features about local community members and businesses to marketing content and ad copy, this position will satisfy your passion of sharing an array of things through an artwork of words.
SENIOR CONTENT WRITER
About the opportunity:
The professional who fills this role will be primarily responsible for conceptualizing content and implementing editorial coverage on a variety of topics including: parenting, weddings, business strategy, tourism, budgeting, and more. For an individual who is able to multi-task and is passionate about all they do, this is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-paced, growing company in a role that offers room for fast-track growth.
Location: 329 Main Street, Ste. 1, Rapid City, SD
Status: Full Time (Salary)
Hours: Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Occasional weekends required)
Skills We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years experience in content marketing and/or publishing
- Bachelors degree in Journalism, Media Communications, or related field
- Experience in adapting tone of voice into different verticals to communicate effectively with readers and targeted audiences
- Excellent ability in strategizing stories and angles for content calendar creation
- Able to communicate effectively with clients and freelancers
- Quick to learn programs such as CRM tools, marketing programs, and task managing software
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks along with assignments and project leads at once while remaining highly organized
- Adobe Suite knowledge
- Ability to work cohesively with production team, contributing confidently the ideas and concepts for content and planning execution
- Knowledge of SEO basics
- Produces quality work, copyright free, with confirmed sources
- Able to meet deadlines and exceed expectations
- Prepares content for blogs, social media posts, print publications, marketing materials, and more
- Adept in AP Style format
- Dependable and consistent with unquestionable integrity
- Exceptional communications skills and interviewing techniques
- Self-motivating and proactively seeks to self-educate
- Demonstrated success in copywriting, social media posting, blogging, writing for print and web
- Creation of editorial and web content
- Develop content clusters and execute keyword insertion for SEO
- Oversee reader submitted content programs including, but not limited to: contests through social media, column copy, and nomination features
- Collect and update calendars for Black Hills Parent and Black Hills Visitor magazine
- Ensures web-based material is uploaded in a timely manner and shared with involved freelancers, models, sponsors, etc.
- Assist in proofreading all content both internal and external
- Collaborate with Production Team for title topics and client special projects concerning content creation
What this is Not:
- This position is not a good fit for someone who is looking to expand their journalistic experience. It will focus primarily on content for marketing and PR use.
- It is not for someone who is looking to freelance or solely write. This position will be in-house located in Rapid City, SD and will encompass a variety of duties and responsibilities.
We offer a laid-back work environment, a creative downtown workplace, and the chance to do great work with an excellent team. Evergreen Media is an equal-opportunity employer.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Group health and dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Entrepreneurial environment: You have the opportunity to work autonomously and take ownership of your job and career
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter, resume, and examples of work to the Hiring Team by clicking HERE. Online portfolios are welcome.